Civil Service Interview Coaching
- Cabinet Office, Prime Ministers Office
- DWP & HMRC
- Home Office, MoD, MoJ, FCDO
- Department of Business & Trade & HM Treasury
- DCMS, DfT, Department for Education
- Non- Ministerial Departments: Ofgem, Ofsted, Ofcom, Ofwat
- FCA, FSA, NCA, CPS, GAD, CMA, Charity Commission
- Local Government (Borough, City Council, County Council)
- Social Services
- Fire Services, Police Service, Teaching
Try our Free Consultation Session or call us on 01865 522183. After, if you’d like further support we can tell you more about our range of coaching options starting from £95.00.
Session will last 20 mins via telephone
1 to 1 Interview Coaching for the Civil Service
- One to one expert Civil Interview coaching including mock interviews and feedback.
- Civil Service interview training to overcome your interview nerves and anxiety.
- Develop hi-impact answers which resonate with the interviewers.
- Answer Civil Service competency based and behavioural questions with depth and structure.
- Manage blanking or panicking mid interview.
- Demonstrate strong and positive body language in your Civil Service Interviews.
- Deliver answers with confidence and conviction with our interview training.
- Face 2 face interviews, telephone interviews, group interviews, presentations and Microsoft Teams interview prep.
Session will last 20 mins via telephone
Civil Service Interviews FAQ
What's the difference between Strengths and Behaviours in Civil Service Interviews?
Civil Service Strength questions are focused testing your ability to respond to a question unprepared in real time. Hence the questions can vary quite drastically from one interview to another. You have approximately two minutes to answer the question and is scored from 0-4. Behaviours are assessed through the STAR competency framework, where you have to provide an example in your response. Each question is scored from 0-7 and you will have between 3-5 minutes to answer a question depending on the seniority of the role.
To navigate these questions we always recommend fast tracking yourself by receiving some civil service interview coaching.
What are Civil Service Success Profiles?
There are 5 Civil Service Success Profiles. For Civil Service Interviews the two most important are Behaviours followed by Strengths. If your role has a technical element then there could also me a technical assessment integrated as part of the interview process.
There are 9 Civil Service Behaviours including:
1. Seeing the bigger picture.
2. Changing and improving.
3. Making effective decisions.
5. Communicating and influencing.
6. Working together.
7. Developing self and others.
8. Managing a quality service.
9. Delivering at pace.
Usually no more than 4 behaviours are assessed at any interview and are found on the job description. Civil Service interview coaching can be extremely beneficial to navigate Success Profiles and Behaviours.
Are Civil Service interviews difficult?
Civil Service interviews are difficult for those that are not prepared. This is because they follow a strict marking criteria. It’s not about telling them a great story, it’s about telling them the right story! Which aligns with their marking sheet for each Behaviour or Strength. This is why we always recommend Civil Service interview coaching so that you be optimally prepared.
Are Civil Service interviews online?
There are two types of online interviews within the Civil Service. The first are for AO, AA, EO positions which are being recruited for on a large scale across the UK, these interviews are conducted via a video record interview (HIreVue). The second type is a Microsoft Teams Interview which a live person panel, this interview exactly the the same as an in person interview, other than the fact that it’s via a virtual meeting.
If you do have a online interview whether it’s recorded or via Teams, then we highly suggest you explore the idea of having Civil Service interview coaching online with an experienced trainer.